Become A Member
Do you study glycosicnece? Do you want to connect with colleagues in the field? Become a GlycoNet Network Investigator!
What is GlycoNet?
GlycoNet is a national research network linking the glycomic research community across Canada, with the vision of improving the quality of life of Canadians through the study of glycomics. Our research falls within five broad themes: antimicrobials, rare genetic diseases, diabetes and obesity, chronic diseases, and therapeutic proteins and vaccines. Our network investigators include biologists, biochemists, clinicians, chemists and more. GlycoNet periodically hosts grant competitions (open to anyone to apply), but there are many benefits to joining the network in the absence of a funded project.
Benefits of joining
- Receive communications sent to Network Investigators
- Have a profile on the GlycoNet Forum (intranet) and GlycoNet website
- Trainees eligible to participate in GlycoNet training activities and be eligible to apply for GlycoNet-MITACS internships
- Participate in scientific annual general meeting (no financial support provided)
- Attend annual Network Symposium at Network Investigator rate
- Access GlycoNet core services at the preferential rates provided to GlycoNet-funded research projects (Note: GlycoNet-funded projects receive priority in times of high demand)
- Participate in GlycoNet committees
How to join
Individuals interested in becoming a Network Investigator can submit the following to Claude Larrivee Aboussafy (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Their CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC academic common CV
- A maximum one-page statement of how their research interests align with the GlycoNet goals
These will be approved on a quarterly basis and individuals will be notified after approval.